I will always love you, I will always choose you.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

This weekend was quite eventful.

Friday, after I got done with class, the roommates and I went to Idaho Falls & ate at Five Guys and then went & saw "The Lucky One".

"The Lucky One" wasn't exactly what I was expecting, it was alright...there was one scene that was extremely uncomfortable...but, other than that, it was okay.

After that, it was bon fire time.

We got in our "scrubby" clothes & made our way toward "R" mountain, looking for this invite-only type bon-fire. Long story short, we got lost...and ended up driving around for an hour and half--scaring ourselves silly by imagining our car breaking down & crazy people getting a hold of us.
Alyssa, me, and Kait
Then on Saturday, we made our way to Aberdeen.
I thought MIDDLETON was country, wow--it in, no way, compares to Aberdeen, Idaho.

I can not express enough how much I loved this country town. I love my roommates and the fact that they're small town girls. They are so cute, and we had a ton of fun. I attended my very first "Junior Miss Competition", and that was pretty neat.
Shayla and I

Alyssa 

I love my roommate :)

Kayla and I 

Shayla :)

Reliving their cheerleading days--
where's a basketball when you need one?

On our way to Junior Miss

The girls 


After Junior Miss, we went hot-tubing and talked FOREVER. & then had a big sleepover in the living room :) The next day was Sunday...

Meet Kait, my beautiful roomie:

Meet Wade: 

Wade and Kait have been dating ever since high school..

& Today was Wade's farewell....





Wade reports to the MTC on May 9th, and Kait is happy and proud of him (of course), but she's also as sad as can be. BEEN THERE. Today brought me back to October 16th...just over six months ago.


It is crazy to see just how much Elder Hyde has grown spiritually in just six short months. His testimony is stronger than ever, and he is loving his mission. I am so thankful for his example to me. Kait and Wade remind me of J and I, in a lot of ways..I'm glad that we have one another to lean on, celebrate when letters come, and talk to each other on the sad days. This journey is amazing, and there is no place I would rather have JJ be, I can honestly say that with sincerity and confidence. :)

If there is any advice at all that I can give Kait..it would be these five things:
1. "Don't count the days, make the days count." -Elder Hyde
2. GROW. Do not become idle. Just keep swimming.
3. Read your scriptures. PRAY. Do all you can to continually feel the Spirit.
4. Write encouraging letters that, if read by others, would not embarrass you. Never tell them how much you miss them and wish they were here, & never bring up the dates you go on.
5. Realize that this may look like a sacrifice NOW, but (if it does work out) when your future sons are preparing to serve a mission and look to your husband as a role model and example for worthily serving a mission...that's when it will truly all be worth it, because you were part of that journey and you saw the important transformation from a boy to a man..in just two SHORT years.

:)







No comments:

Post a Comment