I will always love you, I will always choose you.

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Father's Love

Today, I was cleaning my room..packing up to return to Rexburg, when I found this:


Dear Genny,

I am sitting in an insurance class, April 21, 1992. The time is 10:30 AM and it is a Tuesday. Genny, your mother is sitting next to me.

I just want to say that I am taken by your very existence--how beautiful you are, how you are so perfect, and how your eyes sparkle when you smile.

I know you will wonder sometimes if I love you, because I will do and say things sometimes that may not be what you want to do or hear--I will always think that I know best, and will probably pour my experiences on you.

Genny, know this--that I love you will all my heart, I would gladly give up my life for you, and always my time. I will love watching you grow--your mother wants to keep you a baby for as long as she can. I want you to grow up so I can play with you, it will be fun to talk to you, and know all of your goals and dreams. I want so much to see you grow and become a woman.

I want you to know how much your mother loves you--she spends all day and night just taking care of you, your smile is all she needs.

Genny, your sister and brothers hold you and love you so much. You have brought a special bonding spirit into the Gustin home. Genny, your smile fills my heart with such happiness. I am 46 years old, and my only regret is I will be older in your adult years--I hope I can make up for that in your younger years, I lost my mother when she was in her 40's and I always felt cheated because we were so close, and I loved my mother very much.

Genny, thanks for all the love and happiness you have brought your daddy.

Love always,
Dad

I will never understood how I got blessed with such amazing and supportive parents. I hope that I can be even half the mother that mine is--and I hope to marry someone just like my daddy.

I asked my dad for a Father's Blessing yesterday after church, and I felt the Spirit so strongly. Afterwards, I was able to have a good talk with my dad, and I felt so calmed as he wrapped his arms around me and told me that everything was going to work out as long as I was "doing my part, choosing the right, and following my heart."

My dad has been my rock for 20 years; my coach, my mentor, my best friend, my hero, my role model, my sometimes "enemy" (thirteen year old getting phone taken away and grounded), my pusher, & in many ways he has molded me into the woman that I am today.

Thanks Dad.








& Thank you mom, for being the best friend I have ever had and also my role model. I love you.




Speaking of letters....








1 comment:

  1. omg! your dad is the best! :') (btw, i'm from the MG page on Facebook) :P

    ReplyDelete