I will always love you, I will always choose you.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sometimes the hard things are also the RIGHT things.

So, today I made the decision to discontinue weekly e-mails between Elder Hyde and I.........

Holy cow, that was probably the hardest choice I have had to make in a long time. I look forward to his e-mails so much, in fact, I missed a class one time just so I could sit on my bed and refresh my inbox a gazillion times until his letter arrived. See, but that's the problem....has it now become a distraction?

In May, Elder Hyde e-mailed me directly for the first time, and told me that he was now allowed to e-mail me, it could NOT have happened at a better time. We needed that extra communication line to work out a few kinks.

I just have felt, over these past few weeks, that I have become more of a distraction than anything. He is an obedient, focused, hard-working missionary, and I, in no way want to change that by taking his attention off of Peru and the people in need of the gospel. Therefore, I have decided that handwritten letters are the best way to go.

I love him so very much, he gets home in less than four months. I am so very grateful for the opportunity I have had to be a part of this amazing journey.

I am convinced that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I am so excited for him to return to me. Until then, Godspeed Elder, keep your eye on the ball!!! You make me so proud, and more importantly, you make Heavenly Father proud...this I am certain of.

"The decision to serve a mission will shape the spiritual destiny of the missionary, his or her spouse, and their posterity for generations to come. A desire to serve is a natural outcome of one's conversion, worthiness, and preparation."
Elder Russell M. Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment