I will always love you, I will always choose you.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ashton Braden, sweetheart, you will be missed.

Ashton Braden.
My little sister's best friend.

She went to return with Heavenly Father on January 3rd, just one day before her 18th birthday.
She was taking her 6 year old sister to gymnastics when they were broadsided by a truck going 55 MPH.
It is unclear how the accident occured. . .some think that Ashton ran a stop sign, others believe she may have been texting an driving. 6 year old, Sophie, and Ashton were killed instantly. Third sister, Zoey, survived the accident with minor injuries.

These last two days have literally been hell. I have watched my sister fall completely apart as she relives their memories. The two have been inseparable for the past six years. Ashton was a part of our family and we are all devastated by this horrible reality. . . we all keep thinking we will wake up from our nightmare and Ashton will be back. It doesn't seem fair. I can still see her smile, hear her laugh. . . and see Julie and her being their crazy selves together.

I am sorry for Julie and for the pain she is experiencing. She cries about the fact that she never got to give Ashton her birthday and Christmas presents (still wrapped next to her bed). She cries because when she went with her family to identify both Ashton and Sophia's bodies, Ashton had a ponytail holder around her wrist and chipped painted finger nails "just like she always did". She cries because she remembers how much Ashton hated her hair and that she had planned to get it done just two days after she dyed, "She would be so embarrassed for people to see her hair like this." She cries because she forgets that Ashton is really gone and still talks about her like she is here. She cries because she knows she'll have to be strong for her mom who has lost two daughters. She cries because she aches for her best friend; to call her, to hug her, to see her, to cry with her.

It is a tragedy. Something that will take a long time to recover from. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and Heavenly Father's promise that we can return to live with him again someday.

We love you baby girl.





1 comment:

  1. extremely small world. I stumbled upon your blog through a mutual friend Chelsie. I am waiting for a missionary (people hate on us constantly too) he's only been out 2 days now so I'm definitely new at this. BUT the small world part is that he had dated Ashton back in the day. I just was very surprised when I started to read your blog. You're pretty awesome! Wow I don't even know you and I look up to you! You are so lucky to be almost done. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete