I will always love you, I will always choose you.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

& when I close my eyes, it's you I see.

455 days until J gets home
90 days until his year mark
One month until our one year anniversary.

Its crazy to think that it has been nine months since J left on his mission.
I would be lying if I said that every minute passed by fast. The truth is: There have been fast moments, and there are times where it has D R A G G E D.

What is most important, however, is the fact that we are still crazy over each other.
I am so blessed to have such a strong support system from both his family and mine. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have his family on my side, but they have been so nice to me; especially since they didn't know me very well before JJ left on his mission.

Although we didn't date that long before JJ left, I've know him for quite some time.
When I met him he was just a boy figuring out who he was, and now he is such an amazing man.
I really feel blessed to have been apart of his life while he was making that transformation--
a year ago is when things became so different; he was the same boy that I had fallen in love with the summer after I graduated high school..but even better.

I remember the first time I noticed that change. We were in the car, on our first date in an entire year, and a bad song came on the radio; he changed it immediately. He handed me his phone and told me to pick out some music. All of his music was clean, and I noticed that he had a scripture app. on the home screen of his phone. I was impressed, I really could tell that he had a glow about him..and it made me so happy.

I'll never forget those two months we spent together before he left. They were seriously perfect.
We would have the best talks--I learned so much about him and his family. We would say prayers together. We made sure we were choosing the right. And because of those little things; we are both so very happy. As hard as "waiting" is, its worth it. I know he will come back a better man, I know that our love will be even stronger than it was when he left, and I know that we will be blessed.

I have faith. I have faith in him, and I have faith in us. I do miss him more than words can express. I sometimes trick my mind into thinking I don't miss him all that much, and that I am just fine--but, I'm not always that strong...& I have every right to miss him. He is my best friend after all. I feel that this is the right path. With every letter I receive, I become more and more confident. Time will tell--and we will have to see what happens 15 months down the road. But what I do know is..

he is worth waiting for.


I love you so much, JJ.
"Always have, always will...."

No comments:

Post a Comment