I will always love you, I will always choose you.

Monday, October 14, 2013


Elder Hyde has been acting a little "different" lately. He's been seeming more doubtful about us, been having more anxiety. . . .and of course, I've been overly-sensitive about the whole thing. I didn't quite understand what was happening to him until I saw this picture. Look at his eyes, his smile, he's GLOWING. He is genuinely happy. I cannot imagine living somewhere for two years, and then one day leaving, and probably never returning or only returning years later. He's sad to leave the people of Peru, and this picture tells me why. 

Elder Hyde is coming to the close of his mission. No longer will he be focused completely on God's work. He will be returning to every day life where he will have to go to college, find a job, and then there is this girl who has been waiting around for him for two years....there's a lot of pressure on his shoulders...I can understand that.

When my brother returned from his mission....(see video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhgF0nQ3fAk&feature=share&list=UUcVB75fjwMCp2YI96LgdVfg

He was extremely weird. See that girl with the curly hair that hugged him? That was the girl who waited for him. . . he ignored her, for like, two weeks. Well, she is my NOW sister-in-law. Of course they're going to be a little different when they get home. For two years, they've been told to stay away from women, and now all of the sudden there is this girl hanging around? It's got to be hard.

I have faith everything will work out........crossing my fingers. 

1 comment:

  1. Nathan was the same way toward the end. He even told me he wasn't 100% sure he wanted to get married and I freeeeaked out. Don't worry if the homecoming isn't the fairytale that everyone says it's supposed to be. The homecoming can be hard! And that's okay! The fairytale will come :) It just takes work sometimes. But the things that require work are the things that are most rewarding. They have so much to adjust to and you do as well. I was surprised how weird it was to be apart of a real relationship again instead of a relationship with my mailbox. But when the pieces do fall together, it's better than any "fairytale" I ever imagined :)

    ReplyDelete